- Learning Anything from Flash to Python, new processes and methodologies, as well as business principles and leadership practices, all interests of mine that I wish to continue to develop.
- Process When it comes to removing impediments, ensuring balanced communication, and delivering a strong product, process is necessary to coordinate the actions of multiple groups working together.
- Technology The web is an amazing collection of technologies that enable us to build user interfaces and interactions that provide a pleasant user experience in any setting.
Member of Technical Staff
2009 – current
Salesforce is the world leader in SaaS CRM solutions. They develop a web based solution that enables Sales Representatives to
better track the sales cycle and an extensable platform for building any basis of custom functionality. The framework is developed
- Used Java, VisualForce and Apex to produce new features for Salesforce’s core CRM product.
- Participated in UI Architectural reviews and guidance sessions.
- Work in a Scrum environment, with Daily Standups, monthly sprint reviews and retrospectives along with meaningfull progress tracking.
- Volunteered personal time for company sponsored humanitarian initatives by maintaining a website for donations.
- Utilized Test Driven Development involving Selenium tests written in Java and the Remote Control Selenium connector.
Front End Web Developer
2008 – 2009
Method relies on strong strategy and user experience phases to support excellent visual designers in creating an amazing technical experience for the web and mobile devices. The firm has a blue-chip client roster that features brands such as Sony, Microsoft, Visa, Nike, Adobe, and Yahoo!, among others.
- Developed flexible site templates using Semantic XHTML markup.
- Ensured pixel perfect layouts in hand coded CSS for Grade A browsers which include Opera, Safari, Chrome, and the aging IE 6.
- Worked with Adobe Photoshop (CS3) to analyze designs and slice images for implementation.
- Constructed sets of templates to be integrated into the client CMS utilizing the PHP based Symphony, WordPress, and the Python based Django.
- Developed a .NET API from a PHP based prototype which automated the creation of SecondLife characters.
- Utilized Open Source applications to enable fundamental developer practices such as TortiseSVN, Trac, OpenVPN, MediaWiki, Apache and Tomcat.
- Practiced Test Driven Development to ensure strong quality all C# projects.
- Pushed for the adoption of crucial process improvements such as daily project stand-ups, comprehensive requirements gathering, schedule based deadlines, and tech inclusion in all project phases.
Daptiv (formerly eProject) http://www.daptiv.com/
2005 – 2008
- Developed a User Experience backlog of items and integrated them for priority and iteration with the core product backlog.
- Responsible for conversion of table based layouts to a semantic structure completely stylable by CSS.
- Maintaining the semantic structure of the Daptiv PPM6 product and its conformity to the HTML 4.0 standard.
- Added HTTP Compression to production sites (IIS). JS and CSS compression to daily builds (TFS).
- Utilized jQuery and plugins to quickly add Drag and Drop designer support to a key feature of the upcoming release.
- Worked closely each sprint with Architecture, Product Management, Test, Design, and Developers of all skills.
- Used ASP.NET and advanced JS techniques to create a resource management app capable of maintaining work estimates for thousands of employee’s across hundreds of projects.
- Trained in Scrum and Software Estimation to shed the unpredictability of our waterfall methodology.
- Formed web User Experience team after determining the neglect it was accruing and to help lead the product into the Web 2.0 arena.
- Added JSUnit unit testing to the automated build process, which would run the tests written for our JS framework.
- Pushed for and drove the adoption of Test Driven Development across the Dev team.
- Learned the SalesForce API and developed a certified integration solution for a new Daptiv product.
2004 – 2005
VMC is the global consulting wing of Volt, who are the key contracting company for Microsoft. VMC has an internal website named Innerweb which I worked on that controls all the project management, trouble ticket, and help desk facilities for the company.
- Day to day operations consisted mostly of ASP.NET development, and learning to improve myself along with the existing code base.
- Responsible for sustainment and active development of large existing code base utilizing ASP.NET, SQL, and vanilla ASP written in VB and JS.
- Worked individually on implementing new features proposed by executive management and prioritized by my dev manager.
- Performed routine test passes across the product to ensure quality as we lacked a test department.
- Implemented automated builds using Nant and VSS.
- Commonly cleaned up, commented and updated old components on spare time.
- Reviewed project code for bottlenecks and replaced them with more efficient solutions, such as stored procedures and moving client side logic server side.
A recognized leader in commercializing XML, XSL and Web Services, Jetstream has helped several Fortune 500 companies chart their roadmap concerning these and other next-generation technologies.
- Worked with CEO and customer to deliver a wizard based website to generate a personalized report on the users selections.
- ASP.NET based project, interacting with a COBOL processing engine to deliver a PDF generated report.
Transenda was a small company developing a platform for medical based companies to easily produce process based applications. They also contract themselves out to build the needed applications on this platform.
- Utilize custom framework to implement a web solution.
- Construct workflows and processes to be consumed by my ASP.NET application.
Action Engine http://www.actionengine.com/
Action Engine produces a light platform for Mobile devices to do complex processes. I was responsible for adding functionality to their internal portal, which limits the importance of what they do a bit.
- Implemented functionality using JScript and Vanilla ASP for company portal.
- Performed daily publication of latest source to company portal (SQL, IIS, COM Packages).
- Worked individually to deliver complex features needed by the company for international operations.
2000 – 2003
xLoom was a local startup that produced an AJAX based framework to produce windows like applications. Unfortunetly xLoom was before its time and fell victim to the dot com bubble.
- Utilized AJAX framework to implement custom applications.
- Designed and produced HTML browser independent web form interfaces.
- Documented in the framework SDK all new objects and changes to old objects.
- Produced a GUI program to edit a proprietary XML format to control the layout and functionality of a Header Bar Component similar to the Microsoft standard header bars.
- Created re-usable XSL-Transformations to display a tree based hierarchical data structure in a stepping navigation scheme.
- Debugged client and server framework code while providing on site support in Japan over the course of 7 months.
- Interacted directly with MSSQL through ASP, ADO and ADO.NET using T-SQL.